We have a number of club championships which run every year and the club champions will be annouced at our AGM in November. To be eligible for a club championship, you must be a first claim member of the club. The current club championships are:
Road Race Championship Current Champion - N/A
Awarded to the member who earns the most BC race license points, beginning on 1st January and ending October.
Cyclocross Championship Current Champion - David Hirons
The awarding of this championship is quite complex, using our own points system. This is how the points are calculated by the club committee:
- Only races which are part of the previous season of the West Midlands Cyclocross League (2017-2018 season for the 2018 championship) are counted.
- Being a member of the league is not required, however it does provide discounted entry for events.
- The points system formula takes into consideration a riders category finishing position relative to the number of finishers.
- A senior rider who finished 40th out of 80 riders will earn a similar number of points to a Vet50+ rider who finishes 30th out of 60 riders, because both have finished halfway in their field.
- If the Vet50+ rider had finished 40th out of 60 riders, they would score less points than the senior rider would despite the same finishing position, due to the fact they have raced in a smaller field.
Audax Points Championship Current Champion - Wayne Wright
Awarded to the rider who earns the most Audax points during the last Audax season (1st October to 31st September), which are earned by riding Audax events which are at least 200km in distance. AUK membership is required to be eligible for this award.
Audax Altitude Award Current Champion - David Hirons
Awarded to the member who earns the most AAA points during the last Audax season (1st October to 31st September). Audax events must be over a certain amount of climbing to be earn for AAA points. AUK membership is required to be eligible for this award.
Time Trial Championships Current Champion - N/A
Unless interest is shown by our members for a time trial championship, there will be no championship this year.